December 20, 2008

family night

Well - for family night we went over to my mom and dads and for the activity we decorated houses- and in the spirit of unity we had a contest between ben, chelsea and tanner- they had to just use graham crackers and then me, alex, mom, and then later shae and dad, - gracie just sat and ate whatever candy she could get her hands on - anyhow we had the creater kit and it was a gingerbread train kit - but it was a lot of fun I couldn't belive how creative chels and tanner and ben where - they made a hunting lodge - if you can't tell - it was in alaska -because that is where tanner is going on his mission - anyhow it is so good i still can't belive it they had a little fish pond with fish and everything - i love it - i think they should have won because they just did it from scratch - sort of - :)
Here alex is trying to get gracie to open her mouth so he can throw candy into it - she never got it - hahah This is what my team produced - not quite as cool - however - alex did try to make it interesting - if you look carefully our train has hit one of the animals we were carrying and it has become a bloody mess - that was alexs doing just so you know- and also i think shae egged him on :) hahah
Below is a better picture of our poor animal cracker - split in half and bleeding
Afterwards we decorated moms tree This was what gracie had done while the rest of us were trying to make the tree look beautiful :) See if you can count how many ended up in that little area - there were at least six alone on the one branch - hahaha - good work gracie

3 comments:

Gallant Family said...

gingerbread housing is so much fun and I didn't even get to do it this year...bummer...:0( Yours turned out great--hit animal and all.

Um, I don't even like to floss. I love that Gracie does. Maybe I should start Jonas early so that it will stick.

I love hiking down in AZ (well, at least in the fall/winter when it's not too hot).

Well, we'll be down in UT for Christmas. If you guys come up to BC, let me know. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, I miss you guys! It looks like you've been having lots of fun the last couple of months. I think we're missing the family Christmas Party, but maybe we'll see you sometime while we're down in Utah. Have a merry Christmas!

Tricia said...

The gingerbread houses look awesome. I bet you love having the whole family around. Merry Christmas!