January 15, 2009

the big leap and the big mouth

well we finally did it - i took gracies binky away from her on monday - we had a little lesson on sharing and how it makes Heavenly Father happy and gracie happy and everyone else and then i asked if she would share her binky with addy - so we went around the house collecting them and then i hid them and pretended i have given them to addy - and so far so good - although she does still ask for it alot and later that same night she told me she was done sharing with addy and wanted her binky back and i laughed - and now she will come up to me and tell me addy was sad so gracie shared and now she is happy again - and i always say oh good - funny kids

And now we are potty training - so yah for mom the two things she was dreading i just jumped in and did - and she was doing pretty good with me but i left her with ben to go to work today and he just called me and sure enough she had an accident - so i don't know if that was actually gracies bad or dad just not paying attention hahah - who knows :)
and oh yes the big mouth - well two pieces of information are needed to clarify the big mouth story - first - we have been working on who loves us and i will ask gracie who loves her and we will list people and then i will ask who gracie loves etc. . . - second- our neighbor gave us this cool windshield scraper thing that is shaped kind of like a funnel with a ice scraper on top - anyhow gracie thought it looked like a hat so we were wearing it and dancing around to the music and having fun - well it fell off my head and the ice scraper part hit her right between her lip and nose and so it was bleeding like crazy and she was screaming and i looked like someone had stabbed her with a fork repetitvely right there - anyhow on to the story

well so we go to my moms after church on sunday and alex and my mom are talking to her and in middle of nowhere gracie pops out with "mommy hurt me - she no luf me" - yes my child is telling others that i don't love her and i hurt her lol - i just really am crossing my fingers that she didn't tell anyone in nursery - i guess if i get a call from the bishop i will know hahahha- sneaky little devil this probably pay back for making me wait so long to open her christmas presents!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy!That's a lot of big girl stuff. Curlers are always fun to try. Lorelai never used to cooperate, but she finally relented.

the bonzoodles. said...

oh JAMIE! Potty training is quite a feat. Good luck and keep at it. It will come quicker than you think. Oh and I remember those days of hiding binkies too.

Isn't it funny to just listen to what their little minds are thinking at this age. Now that they can finally express their feelings they say some pretty hilarious stuff. Kadyn is into saying; "Mommy don't hurt me!" I have no idea what he thinks he is saying but it kinda makes me hope no one else every hears it or else they are going to think I am nuts.

Gallant Family said...

Yeah for those big milestones! I hope they continue to go well. I think I would do something like you with the scraper.