June 22, 2010

Wasatch Back

Well this weekend i ran in the ragnar relay race- which is 188 miles with 12 teammates and you run three different times- it was the hardest thing i have even done (including labor- i am debating about which one was harder-seriously) but the coolest thing i have ever done- it took us about 32 hours to finish- we started at 1:00 on friday afternoon and i was runner #5

My first run started around 6 and it was about 8 miles - and it was all uphill!! it was running Avon pass and so it was a dirt trail which made it hard to find a good rhythm - anyhow the one fun thing about it was that because it was a hiking trail- there was a stream nearby and it was really beautiful scenery -

anyhow then my second ran came at about 3 in the morning- and it was about 5 miles of rolling hills- it was incredibly cool because there were no street lights and all i had for light was my head lamp- anyhow for a while i was worried i wasn't on the trail because no one was around me - but eventually a van drove by so i felt better- but it was so cool running at night like that because i couldn't see anything except for the circle of light directly in front of me- anyhow it was weird because you couldn't tell if you were running uphill or downhill- it was cool

after that run we did manage to get about an hour and half of sleep before we started our third leg- which i ran at about noon and that was about 3.5 miles and my map showed that it was flat except for a little bump in the middle- well when i turned the corner the little bump was a mile straight up the mountain- which at that point i was so tired i really wanted to burst into tears and give up - but i made it- really i don't know how - except for the million prayers i was saying in my head! anyhow but i finished and so did our team - and now i can't wait to do it again next year- it was the best experience ever!!

Me with part of my team driving up to Logan to start

My first run- look how happy i look- i obviously did not have a clue about what was ahead! hahah


This is me dieing after my first run :)
I loved this sign because it summed up the whole run!
Us women on the team! My awesome van teammates - they were the best!
Starting my last leg!
The triumphant finish with all 12 of us 32 hours later!!

No comments: