February 6, 2011

Out of hibernation

Well hello world!

I feel like the last five months or so i have been in hibernation mode - things have been stressful for me and i felt like the girl in the hunger games books - anyhow in the last book to avoid life she goes into a closet and just pulls blankets and sheets on her to try to avoid life - which is how i've felt -

anyhow recently i've decided to come out and rejoin the world because life moves on and much as as i might want to avoid it its best i just give in and quit fighting it- anyhow so that is why there are about 50 posts after this because i have been doing things but haven't been motivated enough to do anything about it!

Also even though it is February i've decided to be like my cousin kyra and post my goals for the year and updates on whether or not i'm succeeding in following through with them - no more sitting around and being mopey - pretty much all of my goals include running because i want to be a runner this year and also if i'm running and working out then that means that i have to eat right and usually i feel pretty good about myself which helps in so many other areas!

So here they are:
1. Continue to read my scriptures every day- last year i read every day except for 1 so this year i want to do every day without missing once!

2. Forgive

3. Run a 5k
4. Run a 10k
5. Run a half marathon
6. Run a marathon
7. two relays, epic and red rock- i'd like to make it three and run the ragnar again - so i'm hoping when it gets closer someone will need another team member and i can do it

See i told you they were mostly running- i want to run the dam run half marathon - its up in rexburg in june so i have to cracking and run the other two short ones before then- and then i am running the epic relay in august and the red rock relay in sept and then ending with the top of utah marathon the last week in sept

So i have just have to keep with my goals and not give up or be lazy!
and looking over my goals i'm thinking that i am going to need another pair or running shoes because if i actually follow through then i am going to be putting a good amount of miles on my old ones!

3 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

Yay! Running is such an awesome goal. Maybe I'll attempt it again one of these years:) I loved Gracie as a little cheerleader--what a cutie. Hey and if you run the Rexburg Marathon you get one of those "Dam" t-shirts!

jamie said...

oh good - that is what i am hoping for - a good t-shirt and i think maybe your sister might run it as well - she was down visiting grandma and mom tried to convince her to do it with us!

Tricia said...

You rock woman! I know what you mean about hibernation. I feel like my blog went to sleep for the winter. Your goals are awesome and your little cheerleader is so cute!