July 8, 2008

the fourth

grandma johnson with gracie
the fourth of july was fun for us-we had everyone over for breakfast in the morning and celebrated ben's birthday -then we went swimming with the family-which was a lot of fun -and then we came back to my moms for dinner and the fireworks-it was a long but fun day-and gracie hardly even made a fit about it




my sister chelsea-what more do i need to say-this picture says it all






mel, me and mom







we also did a pinata-like we do every year -but this year we let gracie pick it out -a monkey-afterwards me and ben kind of wondered about letting her pick a pinata she liked because she might get really upset when she sees people beating it to death-anyhow she was fine with hitting it-which i don't know how i feel about that-but afterwards when it was in pieces my dad-grandpa-gave her the head and she was so upset and was trying to put the head and the body together -so finally my mom -grandma-distracted her with the candy and then threw the pieces away -so it all worked out!


gracie hitting the pinata-with dads help of course



gracie with her aunt breanna and her cute dog -whose name i cannot spell-




when we did the pinata we had to move gracies swing so that it wouldn't be in the way-well she did not like that -she sat in the swing forever with this sad little look on her face-which made me laugh - i know i'm a bad mom-anyhow it was so funny



the fireworks were fun for the boys-meaning mitch and ben- mitch was told he couldn't buy a $200 pack of fireworks so instead he bought one big one for $15 -which i don't know if it was worth it-but we all clapped anyway


mitch's $15 dollar firework




and i forgot the saddest part-when i went to sit down on the picnic table -it CRACKED- it really made me think twice about eating that second ice cream bar-but i did anyway hahah-

1 comment:

Gallant Family said...

Watch out for those ice cream bars next time!!! You hardly weigh anything, so it must have been its time to go :0) OH, and did I know you have read the Twilight books??? I will be in Utah for the breaking dawn release and I think I'm going to Barnes & Noble for a midnight party in Layton. If you want to come, let me know and we can meet up there. Oh, and your blog looks awesome. My sister picked the same paper, but I think she has changed it since then.Super Cute--I love Shabby Priness.