April 23, 2009

my clothing jinx

I have really only made three pieces of clothing in my life - 1st was a pair of shorts that i spent hours on in sewing class and at home to wear to disneyland with my friends - the first day i wore them i moved too quickly and rip - i ripped the fabric so they were a goner - 2nd i made a beautiful blessing dress in high school for my kids and i spend hours sewing and hand stitching the fabric - and it made a lovely dress that gracie got to wear -but since it is looking more like gracie will be an only child -bam- the dress only got worn once - and 3rd this easter dress- i finished it late saturday night - the saturday after easter-
anyhow and when i finished it i turned to ben and said she had better not get this dirty because i don't know how well it will hold up in the wash -anyhow so sunday morning we get up i get gracie in the bath and do her hair and put her in her easter dress - well we still had a couple of hours until church started and that was where i went wrong - because about an hour before church starts ben brings me gracie and a soaken wet dress - oh yes gracie had peed in her dress while sitting in a chair and so the fabric was so kind and absorbed all the moisture - and so the dress had to be washed! at least my other clothing got to be worn out of the house this one didn't even make it to church!
anyhow we washed it later and suprisingly it held together so my one time only clothing wear jinx did not work this time! yahh - and maybe this sunday she can finally wear her easter dress hahah

4 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

I didn't know you could sew. The dress looks great. She's such a cutie.

Tricia said...

That's so awesome! She looks adorable! I know what you mean about clothes getting worn once. I have been saving all of Lorelai's adorable clothes for another little girl, but it looks like she will be my only princess. I spent a fortune on her blessing dress...oh, well! Now we can hand them down to our daughters when they have a daughter, right? Anyway, you're an awesome seamstress. Keep up the great work! I have a feeling your luck is going to get better and better.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! You did a fabulous job!

Michele said...

Hi Jamie, its Michele Stoddard from Carriage House 208 or 212. I'm so glad that I ran into your blog. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! It is always so fun to catch up on what friends are up to now days. My blog is set on private so I will need your email address if you want an invite. It is michelesroberts@gmail.com and then I can add you.