October 23, 2009

10K

That is me running my first race ever! a 10K - i got it in my head that i needed to participate this year in peach days and so i signed up! I have been saying i want to do it for the past few years and i was happy i finally did it! i decided six weeks before the race so i started with a mile and then would add one every week - and i did a walk/run thing because i don't think i could have ran the whole thing straight! but i did it in an 1:08 - which i think is good for my first run- next year i will have to do better- because it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be - the only embarressing part is the last mile you run with the parade and so i could feel everyones eyes on me! but that is the great thing about an ipod- i just turned the music up! but it was cute ben brought gracie out to the road and so when i ran past i gave her a kiss and then i kept going but apparently she started bawling and crying for her mom- so her aunt breanna picked her up and ran with her for a while to try and catch up! it was cute but it was fun to accomplish a goal!

4 comments:

the bonzoodles. said...

YEAH JAMIE!! That is awesome. I will accomplish this someday.

Geneve said...

Good job! I am hoping to do a 5K next year, but I'm not really a runner, so I have a long way to go. You'll have to give me pointers so I can train.

John and Kortney said...

Congrats! That is awesome!! You should have come and picked me up off my couch when you went running! I need someone to motivate me.
Hope you don't mind that I peek at your blog. I LOVE it! You have a darling family.

Tricia said...

That's awesome! You are so great. I'm glad it went well. I may attempt a 5k this December, but I haven't fully committed myself.