May 18, 2011

what to do, what to do?



So my child is like any other child, i am guessing, and does not like going to timeout or listening to her mother- however, every so often she has major meltdown problems and this last week led to one that allowed me to purchase a new windshield for my brother-in-laws car- so needless to say, after that experience i have decided something must be done!
So any help or advice is nice but in the mean time i have decided to try a button jar- where she can put buttons in for the many good things that she does in order to earn something fabulous - anyhow i haven't decided if i should have her take buttons out when she doesn't listen or if i should focus on the good - anyhow so we will see how it works because really i don't want to have to be replacing any other windshields!

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

I use a marble jar and reward my boys when they do good things. I don't take any out, but I do try to acknowledge their good behavior and reward them for that when I can. I still do time out, but I have noticed that on the days when the are having a hard time. I try to focus more on the liite good things they do and it usually helps them be in a better moode and want to obey. It has worked great for us. Good Luck with the button jar. The button idea is so cute. Love it.

Ethridge Fam said...

I just saw you had a blog and just sent you a link to mine. I did a marble jar also and I did take out marbles for things like listening that i wouldnt necesarrily have put preston in time out for but all in all it really helped me see and focus on all the good things preston did all day and not just the bad things. good luck