April 22, 2012

Katelynns special weekend

 It was a special weekend for Katelynn a couple of weeks ago!  On April 7th 2012 Katelynn because an official member of our eternal family!  It was very exciting and long awaited! 


 Almost 4 years ago - back in July of 2008- Ben called my from work one day and said that someone he worked with was pregnant and was going to give the baby up for adoption and did we want to express interest in adopting that baby- well it was kind of a confusing phone call for me because I knew I wasn't getting pregnant but I didn't know if I was ready to admit that I couldn't and that we needed to look for other ways to expand our family- anyhow as I got off the phone with him I was kind of stressed out and so I said a quick prayer to help me feel calm and to know what to do
Anyhow Gracie came into the room and wanted me to read to her - so I sat the phone call aside and I picked up the friend and flipped through trying to find a story that wasn't too long- because her attention span was like 5 seconds- anyhow so I start ready a story to her and it is about this little girl who was getting on her special clothes and doing her hair special because they were going to the temple that day to have their adopted baby sister sealed to them- anyhow as I read that story I felt the Spirit so strong - and I knew that our family would do that one day-

Anyhow so it is wonderful to me that after so many ups and downs with life that almost 4 years later Heavenly Father was able to fulfill that promise that He made to me one afternoon so many years ago- I just love that Katelynn came to our family and the blessing that she has been - and I love knowing that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and that He guided and directed our family to where we needed to be so that we could all gather together as a family one beautiful Saturday afternoon and seal Katelynn to our family forever
 Our happy family all in white

 Our wonderful friends who have been with my along the way :)

 The Johnsons

The Andersons

 No day would be complete without Gracie posing for the camera!

 The next day, Easter Sunday, we were able to bless Katelynn - and it was a wonderful blessing- I cried through of it - but I love where one part Katelynn was blessed - i'm paraphrasing- to receive all the good characteristics from all those who love her- which as a mom made me happy because even though I didn't give birth to her I can still pass to her things that will make up her character
 Our family

Its hard to see but it is suppose to be a picture of the two dresses I made

Anyhow it was a very good weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the update! Such a wonderful and life changing event! I'm so happy Katelynn will have the wonderful oppertunity to be raised in such an amazing family. You are a blessing to that sweet little girl. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of her special day!!! Loves!

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have such a great family forever!

Jacktooth's Ramblins said...

Jan said This little family I love so much has been a joy to us all. How very beautiful are your pictures. And your dresses Jamie, I remember when you said to me I really can't do anything creative you silly child How you have been blessed because you were not afraid to try. Love you

Simplymom said...

Such a beautiful family! Going to the temple with children is such a special experience! Congratulations.