September 3, 2009

side effects

so i started my new medicine yesterday - one injection into the leg given to me by my nice neighbor across the street - anyhow when you go to the pharmacy they give you this whole big kit including a warning and side effects pamphlet that is like 10 pages long - well knowing myself i told myself not to touch the pamplet but all day long i could just see it sitting on the kitchen table beckoning for me to come and take a peek - and i resisted for a while but eventually, after ben had gone to school, i gave in and picked it up to read it - well i knew it was a bad idea but i couldn't resist! anyhow the list of side effects is like forever long and i start reading them - headaches- and sure enough my head starts hurting, acne- and i can feel zits on my face just starting to come up, nausa- yep i feel like i am going to throw up, bone density decreases- and sure enough i can just feel my bones getting eaten away and getting small and smaller, hot flashes- yep i am hot(although it could have been because it is still warm outside, but probably not, breast reduction- and sure enough i can feel my chest getting smaller by the minute, anyhow and the list goes on and on and on - and i am checking off every single one on the list because i have that side effect! well when ben came home i started in on all the things that my body is doing - and what does he do -LAUGHS- like it is no big deal and then he hides the pamplet! And this is an example of why you should never read the side effects label

3 comments:

Court said...

I recently took a med that said it could potenitally make me moody and irritable and all these other things. I told my husband..."How in the world are you going to tell? I have all these things to begin with!" Haha.

Just remember that on those pamphlets they have to write down EVERY SINGLE THING that a person experienced while on the drug.

You'll be just fine!!! And yes, that is a very nice neighbor you have to help you out!

Thomas Family said...

Hope it goes well!

Jamie said...

Have you heard of the grant the U of U does to help invtro? Not sure if that would work ornot, but if you need more info I would be happy to give it to you. Good luck on the meds!