September 30, 2008

relief society broadcast

i am sure everyone did -but i loved saturday nights broadcast-i loved it from beginning to end and i can't remember if it was in the prayer or one of the speakers that said they hoped that the Holy Ghost would add to what they were saying to be what we needed to hear and i know that that happened -anyhow i loved sister becks talk about relief society and how even though we are doing good we need to do better-i am just going off memory and feelings so hopefully i am not too off from what she said-anyhow it made me think of how that happens to me all of the time i feel like i am reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, having FHE, going to the temple, being friendly with the neighbors, doing my visit teaching-which is all good but i can do it better- anyhow i also loved the three things she said relief society should do-help with personal growth, with family and with others- so i figured that even in my regular life when i am doing something i should look at those reasons and make sure that it falls into one of those categories- i don't know she said so much great things that after it was over i was sad i did not bring a notebook to take it all in- i also loved Elder uchtdorfs (??) talk i loved that he told us to come out of ourselfs when we feel sorrow and hardship and to help others i know that for me it is too easy to wallow in self pitty and just plain sorrow when things are hard and are emotionally upseting but i loved that he told us that they way to find happiness is to find God's happiness and that by showing compasion to others that happens -anyhow i know it was all things that i have heard before but i love how the Holy Ghost works and speaks to us exactly and specifically the things that our spirit needs to hear-it is wonderful -anyhow i told ben though-now when i want to scrapbook he should let me because really it is helping with my spiritual growth- hahaha -let me know what you loved

-i know it was silly to talk about what i liked but i thought if i wrote it down it would help me remember it better -so that is what i did -hopefully it helps hahhaa

6 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

No it's not silly, I think it is great you wrote it down. I too felt sad I didn't bring a notebook to write everything down.

Gallant Family said...

I definitely remember things better when I write them down, so kuddos to you for getting at least something down. I don't even remember some of that stuff, but I guess everyone pulls out different things, don't they. Pete always asks me about them, but most of the time, I can't organize my thoughts. You've done it well, though.

Geneve said...

Jamie - I got your blog off of someone else's too, so I'm going to comment on yours too. :) I don't mind a bit if you watch mine as long as you comment once in a while. :) Anyway, thanks for the refresher on the broadcast. I loved it too! I tried to tell someone else about what was said, and you remembered it much better than I did.

Guh said...

JAMIE!!!!

i can't believe i finally found you two!!! Seriously i keep checking cecilia's list thinking... 'so when is she going to find jamie and ben!?'

I love that you still say 'anyhow. It totally brings back so many memories! OHMIGOSH i miss you two so much!

Anyway, i would love to invite you to my blog so we can catch up and all... if you are interested.... leave your email addy as comment at daisiesintheraininvite.blogspot.com and i'll be sure to add you to the very exclusive list!



oh, by the way this is angela... u know, your roommate from waaay back when...

Melanie said...

Mom said something about you doing a scrapbooking display for your ward/stake dinner? I want to see pictures of all the cute stuff you made.

lynn anderson said...

thanks for inviting me to go with you...you have many talents!!! this is just one of them!!! sure love being your mom love ya mom